Endrick refuses Pele comparisons

 After a transfer agreement was made for him to join Real Madrid once he turns 18, Endrick has been receiving more attention from the media

Real Madrid-bound Endrick has rejected comparisons with football legend Pele and expressed his disappointment at negative reports about him.

Real Madrid announced in December that they had signed the 16-year-old from Palmeiras, and he is set to move to LaLiga in July 2024 once he turns 18.

Endrick: Nobody is going to be Pele

Endrick’s performance has suffered since Real Madrid confirmed his transfer from Palmeiras, as he has only managed to score once in 13 games across all competitions.

The 16-year-old has found it difficult to cope with the extra media scrutiny that has come with the announcement of his future move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

“Sometimes I ask myself: Why are there so many stories about me? I didn’t ask for this. There are situations that cross a line,” he told GQ.

“‘Ah, he’s the new Pele.’ Man, nobody is going to be Pele, he’s the king of football.

“But there’s nothing I can do, I can’t ask people not to talk about my life. I always said I’d like all Brazilians to be able to be close to me, but I understand more and more that that’s not possible, there will always be people who attack me.”

Endrick also criticized the false stories that have been published about him. He added: “I used to be aware of what people were saying about me. But not anymore.

“I like TikTok, but when I see something about me, I move on quickly.

“Recently a story came out saying that I was in therapy, but that’s a lie. The press don’t know what’s happening, and they publish it. But I can’t do anything. If I come out and contradict everything they say, I’d spend all my time doing it.”

Read More: Thiago Alcantara Biography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 100 Best Songs of 2020

Bayern Munich History- All about the Club

Phone sales statistics in 2020; Xiaomi and Riley's outstanding performance